About the treatment
Trichology is the scientific study of the hair and scalp.
A qualified Trichologist is able to diagnose, advise and treat hair and scalp disorders, these include:
- Alopecia Areata
- Alopecia Totalis
Undertaken by the Surrey Trichology Clinic, a private clinic, set alongside Surrey Hills Skin Clinic, all services are undertaken in a sensitive and private clinical environment.
Additional services offered by Surrey Trichology Clinic:
- Hair piece/wig supply, fitting and personalisation
- Referral to other specialists i.e. hair transplant surgery
- Educational talks on hair and scalp health
- Hair growth monitoring for individuals/research
Contact us for consultation and treatment costs.
Treatments can include electrotherapy including high frequency stimulation, UV light therapy and infrared light therapy, massage, steaming, micro-needling and the application of specialist prescriptive products.
We are able to supply a range of hair loss solutions, from keratin micro-fibres to disguise thinning hair with a visible scalp, to supplying, fitting and personalising wigs and hairpieces.
No of Treatments
Dependent upon treatment
45 mins (including consultation)
Resume Normal Activity
Duration of Results
Dependent upon treatment
What to expect
A new patient seeking help will first have a thorough consultation to gain a detailed medical and hair history and to microscopically examine the hair and scalp. We will discuss the diagnosis and specific advice will be given regarding the next steps to on management, treatment options, alternative covering solutions or to further investigate the condition as appropriate.
- Please do not wash your hair on the day of the appointment
- Please bring with you a copy of recent blood test results
- Please bring with you details of any medications or supplements you take regularly
A treatment can last approximately 45 minutes. Should you require a post-treatment blow-dry, please allow a further 30-45 minutes, alternatively, a hairdryer will be provided for your own use. There is no obligation to sign up to any treatment regime.
Treatment options using prescriptive trichology products will be discussed and their benefits explained. if appropriate for your specific condition. Treatments can include electrotherapy including high frequency stimulation, UV light therapy and infrared light therapy, massage, steaming, micro-needling and the application of specialist prescriptive products.
Post treatment advice
Home care advice will be discussed, as some conditions may require a change in routine or additional attention at home in order to manage the condition successfully.
- @SHSkinClinic **🙋♀️Full Face Rejuvenation🙋♀️** Patients concerns: under eye and lip area. 💉6 millilitres of dermal filler ⏰… https://t.co/WoJVgyThxL
- @SHSkinClinic Refreshed lips for a beautiful bride. #lips #dermalfillers #naturalpout #fresh #ilovemyjob #Ashtead #Epsom… https://t.co/CeunRsmKB8
- @SHSkinClinic #crazyburnchallenge #love #fillers #girl #laser #beforeafter #makeup #cosmetic #filler #botox #chemicalpeel… https://t.co/S8MJ4JMVMj
- @SHSkinClinic #tiredeyes #dermalfillers #rejuvenate #belotero #juverderm #registerednurse #safe #lovelife #lovemyjob #agewell… https://t.co/A0vIDHcqxf
- @SHSkinClinic #lipevertion #dermalfillers #natural #faces… https://t.co/laXiwLIkFZ
- @SHSkinClinic Results from today’s clinic #jawline #chin #dermalfillers… https://t.co/d6MksfRZ1m
- @SHSkinClinic #QualifiedNurses #Surrey #Godalming #Guildford #Dorking #Epsom #Ewell… https://t.co/dN3oWnYT1q
- @SHSkinClinic Patient satisfaction and feedback is at the heart of what we do #happy #patientsatisfaction… https://t.co/53YSz1WrM6
- @SHSkinClinic Patients own before and after pictures l- skincare, peels and 2mls of dermal filler… https://t.co/dELaMQsFlQ
- @SHSkinClinic #dermalfiller #agewell #ageless #professionalskinclinic #qualifiednurses #experienced #Epsom #Ashtead #Guildford… https://t.co/DIxmrb8Cow
Private and discrete clinics within Surrey
Surrey Hills Skin Clinics are located in the heart of Ashtead and Godalming within easy reach by road or public transport.
112 High Street
Surrey GU7 1DU
58 The Street
Appointments: 01372 270 790 email@example.com